Thursday 26 January 2012

Reflective analysis: Analysis of music video's and album covers

After analysing both music videos linked to my initial idea and the album covers to promote this, I have established that although using a classic soft rock song as my basis, in order to achieve a video such as the 'Your Song' video, in the terms of the natural and normal feel that the video produces and the artist is promoted by, I would need to convey to some of the pop video conventions. However, my video will have to include the rock video conventions as seen in both 'Little Lies' and 'Call Me'. Realistically, the video 'Call Me' is the best one to convey this idea as the video although being classified as rock, it does include some of the conventions of a pop video, allowing it to attract an audience across a larger area, hence making more money for the artist and label. In addition to this, I chose to use an older song that could be re-established for today's audience, like that of 'Your Song' which was originally a song by Elton John, yet was re-established for current society.

In regards to the album cover, the same sort of terms would apply. However, as both the 'Rumours' and 'Your Song' album covers are relatively similar, it wouldn't be too difficult to bridge the gap between classic rock and pop. At this present moment in time, I would want an image that also reflects the music video that I would have created, like the second album cover of 'Your Song' and so I would follow that sort of line.

No comments:

Post a Comment