Monday 2 April 2012

Rough Cut of Music Video



Here is my rough cut for my music video. I have attempted to stick to my shot list in regards to the shots, however there are a few that due to various reasons had to change. The video is meant to have shots with the more 'home video' elements to them. In order to do this I used the following effects:

- Fast Colour Corrector to create a reddish tinge that creates the nostalgic feeling throughout the video.
- Dust and Scratches in order to provide a grainier/ blurry effect to some of the shots.
- Roughen Edges so the video has a 'vintage' feel with a specific border around the shot.

From various feedback on my rough cut, it would seem that I need to provide more 'performance' shots to fully allow the creation of the star motif within the video. My ideas for this are focused around the concept of my artist writing the song and thinking back to this happier time. Not only does this idea provide much more 'performance', it also enhances the idea of nostalgia as 'Alice' is remembering the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment